Installing personalVPN-PPTP on Windows 7
Note: The username/password you selected are case sensitive and need to be entered exactly as entered during registration: username@witopia (with no .net or .com on the end).
- From the Start button, select "Connect To."
- Windows Start menu
- Select "Set up a connection or network."
- Creating a new VPN connection
- Select "Connect to a workplace" and click "Next."
- Choosing a connection option
- Select "Use my Internet Connection (VPN)."
- Choosing how to connect
- NOTE: If prompted for "Do you want to use a connection that you already have?", select "No, create a new connection" and click "Next."
- Inputting the Internet Address and Connection name
- Internet Address: CLICK HERE FOR OPTIONS
- Destination Name: WiTopia PPTP (or whatever you like, really)
- Click "Next."
- Inputting the username and password
- User Name: "your witopia username"@witopia EXAMPLE: billgates@witopia PLEASE DO NOT FORGET THE @witopia at the end (no .net or com at the end)
- Password: your WiTopia password
- That's pretty much it...two more clicks!
- Click the Create or Next button
- Click the Close button
TO CONNECT THEREAFTER AND TO SWITCH SERVERS:
- Click on "Start," then "Connect to."
- Select the VPN connection in the window and click "Connect."
- If you do not have a "Connect to" option when you click Start:
go to Start > Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center Then "Connect to a network". You should have your PPTP account listed there. Please click on that PPTP account and click connect. Make sure you manually input the server you want to connect to :)